Lightning 2022 AAU Fall Try-Outs
Pre-Registration Fee: $45.00 (There will be no try-out fee for a coach's child).
Same-Day Registration Fee: $50.00.
Wednesday, September 7th:
6-7:30pm - Girls 6th, 7th, 11th grade
7:30-9pm - Boys 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, Varsity
Friday, September 7th:
6-7:30pm - Girls 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th grade
7:30-9pm - Boys 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, Varsity
Note to all parents and players:
- All players should try their best to make all tryouts so that the coaches. If for some reason you miss the first one you can still come to the second one.
- If you are currently injured and did not play the previous season it will be very difficult for you to get onto a team since the coaches can't see your tryout.
- If we should come into bad weather, new dates and times will be posted on the website at www.ambclub2.com
- For all new parents, there will be an important informational meeting after the first 15 minutes of each tryout. Please DO NOT just drop off your child and leave.
- For more information, please contact Al Morales at email@example.com or 845-406-0130.
lightning aau coaches
LIGHTNING 2022 SPRING COACHES:
- Kevin Courtney/Rob Gabrick B10U 4th
- Greg Muller/Nick Delfico B11U 5th
- Michael Lionetti B11U 5th
- Gene McCarthy B12U 6th
- Jason Whitehead B12U 6th
- Al Morales B13U 7th
- Brittany Horne B14U 8th
- Rob Loughran/Jeremy B14U 8th
- Tyler Gallery B9th 15U
- Glenn Niles B10th 16U
- Al Morales/JD Apostolico BHS
- Jeff Snyder G5th
- Jenn Ciavirella/Susjey Jaramillo G6th
- Brittany Horne G8th
- Ayo Hart G9th Elite
- Ayo Hart G10th Elite
It is our promise that the coach will make every effort to improve the skills of each player on the team. Our expectation is that each coach act as a teacher who is responsible for the safety and well-being of each player on his or her team. Coaches will be a role model both on and off the court.
At AMBC2/Hardscrabble Club,
We are taking a proactive approach and reminding all our coaches/employees to adhere to hygiene protocols and best practices in and outside the club.
The health and safety of our players, employees, coaches and parents is our number one priority.
Frequently asked questions
Dear Parents & Players,
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions with responses:
Q: What is AAU & Lightning?
Amateur Athletic Union is a national organization and Lightning is a member of AAU. We are one of the largest organizations within the AAU.
Q: When is the season? How many games and where are they played?
AAU/Lightning basically is a spring sport although many of the teams play into the summer and winter. The teams participate in a series of weekend tournaments that are held here at the Hardscrabble Club, as well as through the NY Metropolitan area. The younger teams play in tournaments, most of which are local. The older teams play in six to seven tournaments and do more traveling to such places as Albany and northern Connecticut
Q: What is the commitment?
Teams practice once or twice each week and play on weekends. Attendance at practices is required. Your full commitment is expected.
Q: What is the cost?
The fee schedule varies based on what team the player is assigned to. The fee ranges from approximately $450 to $800.
Is there a refund policy?
There are no refunds. We, however, will provide a credit toward next year’s fee in the event of an injury resulting in the player missing four or more tournaments. Medical documentation will be required. If a player quits a team, there will be no refund.
Q: Is there a minimum playing time policy?
Each player must play in each game.
Q: Where are the practices held?
At the Hardscrabble Club in Brewster, NY.
Q: When will I find out if I made the team?
Coaches will contact the parents on the day of the last tryout or within 3 days after that.
Q: What happens if I do not make a Lightning team?
We offer clinics and camps to help the player.
Q: How many spots are available if my son or daughter did not play last year?
Each existing team on average has five to six spots open. We also start new teams if we have enough players.
- How many practices per week? Most coaches practice once or twice a week.
- When are AAU games? All games are played on the weekends on both Saturday and Sunday.
- What time are the games? All games vary anywhere from morning to evening.
- When will we have a schedule for the different tournaments? Your coach will provide all once he finalizes his/her team.
- When will we know game times? You will receive a schedule from your coach by the Thursday before that weekend of play.
- Are all games played at the Hardscrabble Club? For the most part yes. However, you could also have a game or two in the surrounding areas of Westchester.
- When do we have to pay? All team fees will be due at once and your coach will provide that date and time. We do not except partial payments.
- If my son/daughter decides to quit in the beginning or middle of the season, can I get a partial refund. No refunds! If we can replace your spot with another player, then we would forward what that new player pays.
- Can I assist with the books at the score table? Yes, you may but you must consult with your coach and must remember that you CAN NOT coach your child.
- What about uniforms? All uniforms are ordered on-line and we are in contract for 2 years with each new order.
- How many players on a team? We select no less than 10 and no more than 12.
- Are your coach’s CPR Certified? Yes, they are, and we conduct a back-ground check.